Immunologist in Coral Gables, FL and Palmetto Bay, FL
At Piniella Asthma + Allergy, our immunologist specializes in helping individuals manage and overcome immune system disorders with skill, understanding, and expertise. For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online! We have convenient locations to serve you in Coral Gables FL, and Palmetto Bay FL!
Table of Contents:
A strong immune system is foundational to living a healthy life full of energy and vitality. While it is impossible to prevent getting sick entirely, a strong and healthy immune system will ensure that the sickness is short-lived without severe symptoms. If you are dealing with an immune system disorder or problem, we would be pleased to help you find ways to optimize the health of your immune system. At Piniella Asthma + Allergy, our immunologists would be happy to evaluate your condition and determine if you can safely receive treatments to reset your immune system.
Immunologist doctors specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, management, and prevention of disorders within the immune system as well as health issues associated with the immune system. With that in mind, an immunologist can help with such issues as food or seasonal allergies, autoimmune diseases, and numerous other issues, such as the following:
• Asthma, occupational lung disease, and other respiratory illnesses
• Atopic dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, and other skin conditions
• Celiac disease
• Chronic fatigue syndrome
• CREST syndrome, which stands for calcinosis, Raynaud’s phenomenon, esophageal dysmotility, sclerodactyly, and telangiectasia
• Food allergies, including nut, fish, eggs, wheat, soy, or dairy allergies
• Gastrointestinal disorders
• Multiple sclerosis (MS)
• Rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
• Psoriatic arthritis (PsA)
• Seasonal allergies, such as allergic rhinitis, also known as hay fever
• Sjogren’s syndrome
• Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
Your immune system functions as your body’s defense system from outside invaders that could have a negative impact on your health. As such, if a person has a weak immune system, their ability to stay healthy and avoid sickness is compromised. With that in mind, the following are some signs of a weakened immune system:
• Chronic fatigue or low energy
• Frequent and recurring infections, such as ear infections, pneumonia, or sinusitis
• High levels of stress
• Joint and muscle aches
• Numerous digestive issues, such as diarrhea, constipation, stomach pain, and gas
• Often sick or catching a cold
• Poor circulation and body temperature regulation
• Require frequent antibiotic treatment
• Slow-healing wounds
• Various skin breakouts, such as boils, acne, or eczema
Various studies have suggested that the immune system can be reset through certain types of fasting. With that being said, it is essential that you follow a medical doctor’s guidance and professional treatment when seeking to reset your immune system. At Piniella Asthma + Allergy, our immunologists would be happy to evaluate your condition and determine if you can safely receive treatments to reset your immune system.
When you have an allergic response, your immune system mistakenly interprets the allergen as a threat to your health and bodily functions. As such, your immune system responds to the allergen in the same way that it would respond to harmful bacteria or viruses—by producing antibodies known as Immunoglobulin E (IgE) that target, attack, and eliminate the allergen. This immune response can cause inflammation in various places, including the sinuses, respiratory system, eyes, and skin, resulting in itchy or watery eyes, itchy or runny nose, wheezing, and several other symptoms of an allergic reaction.
If you would like to learn more about immunology or wish to schedule an appointment with our immunologist at Piniella Asthma + Allergy, we would be pleased to hear from you! You can schedule an appointment with us through our website, or feel free to give us a call. Piniella Asthma + Allergy is located in Coral Gables and Palmetto Beach, Florida. We serve patients from Coral Gables FL, Palmetto Bay FL, Westchester FL, Brownsville FL, Kendall FL, Pinecrest FL, Richmond West FL, and Goulds FL.